Anytime Resolution - As the name suggests, it is a resolution that can be taken up anytime when you feel the need and are ready for a change. I hope to provide you with some useful suggestions that will bring you closer to living a more flourishing life in various aspects.
Today's Anytime Resolution is to obey the "one-minute rule", a brilliant rule that I have learned from Gretchen Rubin's blog.
In essence, this rule states that I must do any task that can be finished in one minute rather than procrastinating. I started applying this simple but effective rule for a few weeks now and I'm liking the results.
What are some of the tasks that can be easily done under one-minute? Here is my list:
1. Putting my keys at the designated place. I used to have the problem of misplacing my keys or phone etc. This solves the problem for me.
2. On public transportation, before leaving the vehicle look around to make sure I have all my belongings.
3. Hang up my coat
4. Open mails and toss them.
5. Clear the rubbish.
6. Jot down an idea.
7. Clear the clutter on the table.
8. Replenish the toilet paper. You don't want this to be a cause of a tiff.
Do not underestimate how all these small nagging tasks can overwhelm you when they are ignored. The beauty of this rule is how easy it is to implement. It literally takes a minute!
By keeping all the little tasks under control I feel more serene, organized and less overwhelmed on a whole.
Increase the mileage of your one-minute today. Go for it!